Supply Chain Manager
|Job Centre Location||Cambridge|
|Company / Organisation||The Wicked Cake Company|
|Start Date||To be confirmed|
|Contact Name||Andy Barwick|
|Job Reference||Unit 16 Maple Park|
Senior Buyer/Supply Chain Manager
This role is to manage our newly formed Supply Chain Team who have responsibility for all processes from accepting customer orders through to delivering customer orders on time in full.
The Supply Chain Team have direct responsibility for the following areas, sales order input, production planning, purchasing & inventory control, distribution logistics and office admin relating to these operations.
The successful candidate will as well as managing the Supply Chain team, have specific responsibility for negotiating contracts and prices for all new and existing raw material and packaging product lines, and as such would require experience in buying raw materials, corrugated board and flexible film for the food industry.
The Main Purpose of the job and duties performed Include:
· Manage and develop the members of the newly formed Supply Chain team, whilst implementing procedures and operations to support the smooth and effective running on the department.
· Overall ownership of all Product Group Categories with the responsibility of maintaining stock availability and inventory within business KPIs and budgets.
· Setting up Contracts on all raw materials and packaging with existing and new suppliers.
· Reviewing forecasts within the inventory management systems; taking appropriate action where required.
· Plan bakery weekly and daily production requirements to maintain the appropriate stock level for customer demand.
· Reviewing sales exceptions to improve future forecasts and stock performance.
· Monitoring supplier performance and taking appropriate action where required.
· Identifying product or supplier trends, investigating and reporting any parameters which impact on availability and/or stock performance.
· Proactively building relationships with relevant departments and work collaboratively with them to improve availability and stock performance of the brands.
· Play an active role within the Bakery Management team to help develop and support the business growth plans.